Alt-Arrival Dinner and some Climbing

Jim Brandt cbrandtbuffalo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 07:01:31 PDT 2018

(Note: It seems we’re having some issues with over-sensitive spam checkers,
so I’m posting this for our fearless alt-arrival organizer, Dave Rolsky.)

Hello YAPC attendees,

I wanted to point you at two events I'm organizing for the conference.

As I have for many years, I'm organizing a Sunday night Alt Arrival dinner
(though it may be the only arrival dinner). See
https://github.com/perlconference/tpc-2018-slc/wiki/Alt-Arrival-Dinner for
details and to sign up.

I'm also organizing an outing to a climbing gym on Tuesday night. Anyone
can come, even if you've never gone climbing before. The gym has
auto-belays, which means that anyone can climb solo without someone to hold
the rope. Climbing is a lot of fun and it's great exercise too. You'll work
muscles you didn't even realize you had.

Sign up at
https://github.com/perlconference/tpc-2018-slc/wiki/Climbing-Gym-BOF. My
plan is to leave from the lobby at 7:30pm on Tuesday night and stay for a
couple hours.

If you're planning to come, I encourage you to sign the waiver linked from
the wiki page in advance to save some time at the gym.

Jim