arrivals dinner question

Jeff Goff drforr at pobox.com
Wed Jun 13 13:15:37 PDT 2018

I've just added some of the local venues that Google found for me to
https://github.com/perlconference/tpc-2018-slc/wiki/Arrival-Dinner and a
comment or two on timing - in my experience it takes a good 2 hours to
get served, if that, at the party sizes we regularly inflict on
restaurants. In my experience usually standing and announcing "I'm going
to X, anyone want to go with?" works pretty well. The key is having a
consistent destination in mind and being somewhat vocal about it. If a
group includes Larry it's probably going to be bigger just because of
star power, but 12-15 is pretty reasonable.
The destinations were all within 3-4 blocks of Little America, and all
to the north. I think I was at Red Rock and maybe the Copper Onion when
I was there last. Both had decent food (maybe with a nod to the Copper
Onion) but I was with private parties both times, and ISTR a delay at
Copper Onion but I might be misremembering.