get more hotel rooms

Adam Prime adam.prime at utoronto.ca
Mon May 26 07:14:29 PDT 2014

On 14-05-25 07:10 PM, Uri Guttman wrote:
> hi yapc powers that be (perigrin):
>
> i called the doubletree and they sold out of the yapc rate room but i
> was able to book one at their regular rate. they said yapc could add
> more rooms to their contract at the block rate. can someone do that? i
> can't see any downside to that and it would save plenty of cash for many
> attendees.

This has been discussed in IRC, but unfortunately not relayed to the
mailing list or other attendees. The following is a paraphrase of what
was said there, it's entirely possible that I may have got something
wrong or left things out.

peregrin talked to the hotel and we're already substantially over the
original allotment of rooms. The hotel is actually pretty busy during
YAPC and they are now saying that they can't extend the allocation any
further.

peregrin is going to be following up with other hotels that are near by
in the next week or so.

there are a couple of other hotels that are nearby-ish that are listed
on this page:

http://www.yapcna.org/yn2014/wiki?node=WhoIsStayingWhere

Unofficially,

Adam