[yapc] "Sold out"

Dave Rolsky autarch at urth.org
Mon Apr 30 09:35:24 PDT 2012

On Mon, 30 Apr 2012, JT Smith wrote:

> And you are absolutely right. Future organizers it is very very difficult to predict how many people will attend. Some has to do with the economy,
> some has to do with the city in which you hold it, some has to do with how expensive overnight rooms are, some has to do with who else's going to
> be there, and a lot has to do with how much you're doing to promote the event. If you're unsure, certainly err on the side of having too much space
> rather than too little.

Since this is looking to be the best attended YAPC::NA ever (or in a long
time?) I think it'd be great if you and the team could document some of
what you did, _especially_ in regards to advertising.

In general, I wish conference organizers would do a better job of
documenting what they did, since organization duties rotate to new people
every year. I know this is tough, since before the conference you're busy
and after you're exhausted, but it would be incredibly useful.

Thanks,

-dave

http://VegGuide.org               http://blog.urth.org
Your guide to all that's veg      House Absolute(ly Pointless)