[yapc] "Sold out"

JT Smith admin at yapcna.org
Mon Apr 30 09:25:10 PDT 2012

I agree. Our largest room only has 390 seats, and we've sold 411 tickets. So I've taken into account the fact that not everyone will be there.

And you are absolutely right. Future organizers it is very very difficult to predict how many people will attend. Some has to do with the economy, some has to do with the city in which you hold it, some has to do with how expensive overnight rooms are, some has to do with who else's going to be there, and a lot has to do with how much you're doing to promote the event. If you're unsure, certainly err on the side of having too much space rather than too little.

JT Smith
Director, YAPC::NA 2012
http://www.yapcna.org

PS