[yapc] Transportation from Amtrak station to dorms

Packy Anderson yapc at packy.org
Fri Jun 12 09:06:27 PDT 2009

I'm not sure if I should be posting this to the list, because
(according to the wiki) I'm the only one crazy enough to be taking a
train to Pittsburgh, or sending it directly to the YAPC organizers,
but here goes...

I'm having trouble figuring out how I'm going to get from Union
Station downtown to the dorm at CMU.  Pittsburgh's public transit
website isn't particularly helpful in telling me if it's possible to
get a bus from point A to point B (or relatively nearby).  Are there
taxicabs that sit around at Union Station, or is Pburgh more like
smaller cities, where you have to call a cab to come get you?  And how
much would a cab cost?  A couple bucks, or should I be packing
Benjamins to cover cab fare?

-packy

--
Packy Anderson