[yapc] Pre-Conference Dinner

Uri Guttman uri at stemsystems.com
Thu May 29 17:18:39 PDT 2008

  DR> On Thu, 29 May 2008, Jason L. Froebe wrote:
  >> It's probably quite impossible for the organizers to find a place that
  >> would make everyone happy...  you could throw in any number of food
  >> preferences (Kosher, allergies, etc).  Perhaps a poll for the next YAPC
  >> requesting people's preferences?

  DR> Some things are easier than others. Offering vegan options at a banquet,
  DR> especially if that banquet is a buffet, is rather trivial. Many common
  DR> things can be made vegan easily (salad, bread, pasta dishes, rice dishes,
  DR> stir-fry, etc). It's usually just a case of asking the caterers in
  DR> advance, and making sure they understand the meaning of vegan.

i have worked on getting veggie/vegan fare at yapc events before. i
haven't been up to speed on this yet and i will do so very soon. my
life/work has been swamping me. i have always had special food needs
covered at the banquet (even kosher meals brought in as requested). the
arrival dinner is usually more informal and sometimes harder to get
special food needs covered. i will ask and report on what can be done.

thanx,

Uri Guttman  ------  uri at stemsystems.com  --------  http://www.sysarch.com --
-----  Perl Code Review , Architecture, Development, Training, Support ------
---------  Gourmet Hot Cocoa Mix  ----  http://bestfriendscocoa.com ---------