[yapc] Monday night

Andy Lester andy at petdance.com
Sun Jun 15 19:03:37 PDT 2008

On Jun 15, 2008, at 8:55 PM, Jeremy Fluhmann wrote:

> Since I'll be getting to yapc fairly late on Monday and figured I'd
> miss any outings discussions, I thought I might head to Reggie's
> Music Joint, just up State St.  Looks like no cover, and three bands
> playing (I don't know about the quality of the bands).  Can any
> Chicago locals comment on the neighborhood around there (and
> possibly the joint in general)?  It's at 2105 State Street.  Looks
> like I can hop a bus for a short distance and be there.

 From the looks of it, Reggie's is mostly punk bands.  Many of them I
don't know, but they've got Dead Steel Mill, Sludgeworth and the
Effigies in coming weeks, all 90s punk bands reborn/regrouped.  Also,
Record Breakers, the store that used to be out near my house but now
is in the city, has a reasonably punk slant.

But then again, I see they've got the keyboardist from the Phil Lesh
band last week, so who knows?

--
Andy Lester => andy at petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance