[yapc] YAPC::NA Last Minute Registration && Accommodations?

Jeremy Fluhmann fluhmann at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 15:35:23 PDT 2007

On 6/16/07, Pip Stuart <pipstuart at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jeremy,

Hey Pip,

I just got approval to attend YAPC::NA && so I have just registered
> for a login on the HTTP://Conferences.Mongueurs.Net/yn2007 site... but
> I'm wondering: Are any of the extra dorms you reserved still
> available?

Yes, we still have some of the extra rooms available (singles and doubles).

I'd be glad to share or solo, without significant preference, if
> either option exists.  Sorry I'm so tardy.  I've been asking my boss
> for months but lots has been in flux as they're closing our studio
> this summer && trying to relocate most of us to the remaining offices.
> If no dorms are available anymore, it's no biggie.  I wouldn't mind
> renting a car && trying to find lodging elsewhere if need be.  I'd
> just prefer to be close to the mix.

Absolutely.  Since there's quite a bit that goes on after the conference
sessions, it's good to be close.  No problem on the timing.  I would almost
guarantee there will be people in the next few days with the same sort of
situation. ;-)

Should I go ahead && make a $100 donation for the conference
> registration to HTTPS://Donate.PerlFoundation.Org && then handle any
> potential additional dorm expenses later with a separate donation or
> wait to bundle them together?

If you're only needing the nights of Sun, Mon, and Tue, checking out on
Wednesday, I'd say go ahead and make the payment via
http://conferences.mongueurs.net/yn2007/purchase and choose the option with
housing from the drop-down.  If you'll need to extend your lodging (either
earlier or later), follow the steps at
http://conferences.mongueurs.net/yn2007/extended_housing.html.

I'm glad you got the approval.  See you in Houston!

Jeremy