[yapc] arrival dinner herding

Mike Fragassi frag at ripco.com
Thu Jun 22 21:38:50 PDT 2006

I think you overestimate the complexity of the transfer operation, but I
just want to make sure everyone understands the alternate route to get
home.

Speaking of which, this is a good time to point out that trains are
labelled with both their color and their final destinations, instead of
simply "North" or "South".  Thus:

* Red line - Howard: north bound (to Addison and Goose Island)
* Red line - 95th/Dan Ryan: south bound (to 35th-Sox Park; transfer to
Green line at Roosevelt to go directly back to the IIT campus stop)
* Green line - Harlem/Lake: north and west bound (transfer to Red line -
Howard trains at Roosevelt to get to Addison stop & Goose Island )
* Green line - either Ashland/63rd OR East 63rd/Cottage
Grove: south (leads you to the IIT campus stop and points beyond). Both of
these branches stop at IIT before forking off to their final stations.

I've already wikied this up.