[yapc] Re: passport and tourism

Wayne A. Arthurton warthurton at arthurton.com
Mon Jun 14 08:53:13 CDT 2004

I agree with Mike.
I used to cross the border weekly.  I always carried my passport, but 
they actually infrequently looked at it.
I have crosssed w/o either, but it isn't as easy to do as it used to be. 
So if you have your Birt Certificate or passport bring it.

If you are not a US Citizen, make sure you go to the special alien 
departure area (sounds very sci-fi) that is just past the toll on any of 
the bridges across.


Mike McClain wrote:

> Uri,
> Last time I went into Canada and back ( I walked over at Niagara 
> Falls), they required
> 1. Passport
> or
> 2. Drivers license AND birth certificate.
> If I hadn't been with more knowledgeable people I would not have known 
> about the birth certificate requirement. I'm not sure what they do to 
> you when you're trying to come back with insufficient identification. 
> So if you have a passport, its easier to bring that I would think.
> Mike
>> given all the security hoopla, should i bring my passport just to cross
>> into canada for tourist stuff? in my previous forays north, i just
>> needed my driver's license and in some cases at small town crossovers,
>> nothing happened.
>> anyone know the current trends at niagara falls (like over rainbow
>> bridge)?
>> uri
> _______________________________________________
> yapc mailing list
> yapc at mail.pm.org
> http://mail.pm.org/mailman/listinfo/yapc

More information about the yapc mailing list