[Yapc-na-organizers] Promoting the Job Fair

Will Willis will.willis at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 06:58:22 PDT 2007

I really enjoyed the JF last year. The location was clearly separate
from the presentation rooms and only happened during a specific window
in time. I was not aware of any formal presentations going on by
employers, just casual conversations initiated by attendees.

It was reassuring for me to see all the companies looking for perl
talent as well as an opportunity to see what specific skills are in
demand. I used the lists of job description requirements as a list of
things to familiarize myself with.

As mentioned by Jeremy, the business cards in the restroom was overly
tacky and probably placed by an overly zealous company recruiter OR a
prankster who walked away from the employer's table with a hand-full
of business cards. Either way, if that's the worst complaint from the
whole experience, I'd say it left more of a positive impact than
negative.

-Will