[Yapc-na-organizers] Promoting the Job Fair

Jeremy Fluhmann fluhmann at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 06:44:23 PDT 2007

On 3/21/07, Jim Brandt <cbrandt at buffalo.edu> wrote:

> I can talk to Ask.
>
> My only question is, what were the comments last year regarding
> employers being at the conference (good and bad)? I don't see any
> problem with it, but some might not like it for some reason.

I'll look back through my notes.  Off the top of my head, the only thing I
remember is someone saying, "Keep the recruiters out of the restroom".  They
may have been referring to the stacks of business cards on the urinals.

I'd say as long as we don't muddy the waters between conference content
> and company tables or booths, we're OK. We want to avoid any cases where
> Company X has a table and is also giving a presentation about how cool
> their company is. They do this at other conferences and it really annoys
> me.

I hope that if we have enough interest, we could rent another room at the
venue for the job fair.  I'll need to check, though, to make sure that
there's room.