[Wellington-pm] Meeting this evening

Steve Piner Steve.Piner at signify.co.nz
Tue May 10 15:44:12 PDT 2016

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that it's straightforward enough to compile
Perl, even without using perlbrew - though you'll end up answering a lot
of questions.

It's basically

tar zxf perl-(whatever).tgz
./configure
make
make test
make install

Configure will ask you where Perl should be installed, and a million
other things. Make the changes you want (otherwise, why are you
compiling Perl?), and accept the defaults for the rest.

It'll take about 40 minutes to build.

And all of Grant's caveats still apply. :-)

Steve

On 10/05/16 09:17, Florent Mara wrote:
> Great. See you all tonight.
>
> I have done very little progress on packaging ... but I have questions
> about recompiling perl. :-)
>
> On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 8:02 AM, Grant McLean <grant at mclean.net.nz
> <mailto:grant at mclean.net.nz>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Mongers
>
>     Just a quick reminder that the Perl Mongers meeting is on this evening
>     at the usual place and time:
>
>         6:00pm Tuesday 10 May 2016
>         Level 3, Catalyst House
>         150 Willis Street
>         Wellington
>     http://wellington.pm.org/
>
>     Regards
>     Grant
>
>     On Wed, 2016-05-04 at 21:33 +1200, Grant McLean wrote:
>     > Hi Mongers
>     >
>     > The May meeting is on next Tuesday.
>     >
>     > Andrew is lined up to talk about Devel::NYTProf. However he
>     can't stay
>     > too long due to his sporting commitments so there's plenty of
>     time for
>     > another talk - any volunteers?
>     >
>     > Cheers
>     > Grant
>     >
>     > Wellington-pm mailing list
>     > Wellington-pm at pm.org <mailto:Wellington-pm at pm.org>

> --

Steve Piner

Lead Developer

*P:*+64 4 803 3211*M:*+64 27 588 5995

Level 9, LG House, 35 Victoria St, Wellington P.O. Box 24-068, Manners
St, Wellington

*E: *steve.piner at signify.co.nz
<mailto:steve.piner at signify.co.nz>*S:*http://www.signify.co.nz
<http://www.signify.co.nz/>

Signify Logo

*Signify *is an innovative web and mobile development company. We are
about creating websites and mobile applications that are usable,
accessible, functional, and striking while at the same time meeting the
goals of our clients. We have considerable experience with Drupal,
Plone, SilverStripe and Umbraco content management systems.

This communication, including any attachment, is confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient, you should delete/destroy this
communication; you may not read and must not copy, send or retain any
part of this communication. Please do not disclose to any third party
anything about this communication.