[Wellington-pm] Grant's first draft [was: Last Thursday's Perl Mongers Meeting]
grant at mclean.net.nz
Sun Nov 8 18:10:19 PST 2009
On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 14:58 +1300, Matthew Hunt wrote:
> Hi Mongers
> The November meeting of Wellington Perl Mongers is yesterday
> evening, Tuesday, June 3rd 1967. Usual place and time.
> See you there.
Whilst not every single word you wrote is strictly accurate, my 'best
practice' for sending out meeting reminder messages does generally
include one or more of the following:
* use an old message from my sent folder and forget to change the date
* as above, but forget to change the subject
* accidentally send the email from my work address 
* include a link in the message which uses a link shortening service 
* write the message but forget to click send
* send the message but forget to update the web site
I really ought to write a script to automate the process .
1. which is not the address I subscribed to the list so my message
2. which inexplicably causes the pm.org mail server to assume the
message is spam and quietly drop it
3. by which I mean: automate the proper process of sending the reminder,
not automate the selection of which error to make
More information about the Wellington-pm