[Wellington-pm] Grant's first draft [was: Last Thursday's Perl Mongers Meeting]

Grant McLean grant at mclean.net.nz
Sun Nov 8 18:10:19 PST 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 14:58 +1300, Matthew Hunt wrote:
> Hi Mongers
>
> The November meeting of Wellington Perl Mongers is yesterday
> evening, Tuesday, June 3rd 1967.  Usual place and time.
>
> See you there.
>
> Grant

Whilst not every single word you wrote is strictly accurate, my 'best
practice' for sending out meeting reminder messages does generally
include one or more of the following:

* use an old message from my sent folder and forget to change the date
* as above, but forget to change the subject
* accidentally send the email from my work address [1]
* include a link in the message which uses a link shortening service [2]
* write the message but forget to click send
* send the message but forget to update the web site

I really ought to write a script to automate the process [3].

1. which is not the address I subscribed to the list so my message
   gets bounced

2. which inexplicably causes the pm.org mail server to assume the
   message is spam and quietly drop it

3. by which I mean: automate the proper process of sending the reminder,
   not automate the selection of which error to make