[Wellington-pm] What did you forget to say last night

Andrew Chilton andychilton at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 21:07:55 PDT 2008

Hi all,

On 12/03/2008, Grant McLean <grant at mclean.net.nz> wrote:
>  Inevitably in a 5 minute talk there will be things that were meant to be
>  included but didn't get said on the night.

Yeah, I had lots to say but couldn't, oh, er, didn't.

The main thing I missed out was a demonstration of the tools showing
how they interacted with each other using SQS as the form of
communication between them. If you want to see the programs, check out
the examples/ directory in the repository for AwsSum.

If you just want to see an example of the gallery, see
http://gallery.kapiti.geek.nz/index.html . This also shows a
demonstration of serving files straight from S3 - it's a CNAME
straight to s3.amazonaws.com which (to prove it is really true) you
can also browse from here
http://gallery.kapiti.geek.nz.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html.

On the note of those Acme::* modules, I wrote a program when I was at
Weta on which I ran Acme::EyeDrops and sent it around to everyone. It
was encoded as approx. 100 Kermit the Frogs. I got some undeserved
kudos out of that one :-)

Thanks for a good evening as always Grant.

Andy

--
contact: Andrew Chilton
website: http://kapiti.geek.nz/