[Wellington-pm] What did you forget to say last night

Grant McLean grant at mclean.net.nz
Tue Mar 11 19:52:02 PDT 2008

Hi Mongers

A big thank you to everyone involved in last night's lightning talk
session.  It was a lot of fun.  The slides are up on the web site now:

  http://wellington.pm.org/archive/

Inevitably in a 5 minute talk there will be things that were meant to be
included but didn't get said on the night.  Maybe people could use this
thread to mention things they meant to say but didn't.  I'll kick off:

With regard to the Acme::Bleach and similar modules, apparently some
people didn't 'get' that the bleached (or morsed, or buffied, etc)
version of the script continues to function in the same way as the
original script.  Also I'm not completely sure on the 'back story' of
Acme::Bleach.  I seem to recall (but haven't been able to verify) that
it had it's origins in a coding competition with a rule something like
"each entry must be no longer than 200 bytes, not including whitespace".

The next meeting will be on Tuesday the 8th of April.  No one is lined
up to speak yet so I would be very keen to hear from anyone either
volunteering or suggesting a topic.