[Wellington-pm] Introductions

Doug Hendricks Doug.Hendricks at tnzi.com
Thu Aug 5 15:56:58 CDT 2004

Reporting in.
Doug Hendricks:
I work for Topaz Consulting in Wellington but effectively I work for Telecom NZ International.  I'm a DBA and a programmer:  I program some backend application stuff and some sysadm stuff.  I use Perl, C and Python, roughly in that order.  Nearly all of the C work I do is maintenance and porting.
Python is my favourite (watch out Perl) but Perl has the most mature interface to Oracle databases, so I'm definitely not phasing it out.
Ruby looks very nice but I'm a little worried about how mature its database interfaces are.  That's important in the work I do.
I'm married with two children.  I've lived in Wellington for more than a decade but I'm originally from California.

Cheers,
Doug