Perl v4 manual

Ewen McNeill ewen at naos.co.nz
Sun Oct 5 19:08:08 CDT 2003

In message <6B854BA41A86CB4BB02BAB717796F9D972EF10 at clwlge2k01.computerland.co.nz
>, "Malcolm Allison" writes:
>Does anyone know where I might obtain a manual for version 4?

Perhaps check some second hand book shops for old copies of the O'Reilly
Perl book?  It was the most definitive reference.  I used to have the
book that came out when Perl 4 came out, but gave it away some years
ago to someone who was learning perl.  (IIRC you'd be looking for a
version about 2-3 editions back, which is around 5-6 years old.)

Otherwise "man perl" should tell you what is available (IIRC the Perl
4 perl(1) man page was both very long and complete, and also one page).

Ewen