Archives?

Don Jones don at gamma.net.nz
Sun Jan 26 18:18:57 CST 2003

Hi guys

Recently I was messing with filter regexes in openwebmail and managed to
delete a whole lot of unread mail including a few posts from this list. Is
there an archive avalible?

I'm looking forward very much to the next pm meeting and having the chance to
meet some of the the other perl people in Wellington.

One thing I hope to ask people in person but will ask on list aswell is what
are the employment opertunitys like for perl coders in Wellington and do you
think there is the chance to move into perl coding from a *BSD & Linux ISP
Sysadmin job where I do a fair amount of perl, mostly ip billing, cgi and isp
admin type stuff, ie I am probably a beginner to intermediate perl coder.

I realy enjoy perl coding as opposed to other aspects of my current job like
dialup support, firewall setup etc. That said I am pretty happy in my current
position and enjoy many of the non-perl related tasks like general unix admin,
bind admin (yes I actualy like bind :) & apache. (cant say I much like INN
admin tho :)

Anyway I was just wondering if you guys think there are opertunitys out there
for someone like me to move into perl coding?

Thanks

Don

--
"Intellectual Property" : a tool that the dinosaurs use to make sure
there are no mammals in the future. - Lawrence Lessig