Wellington Perl Mongers Meeting in 3 Weeks

Grant McLean grantm at web.co.nz
Sun Jun 11 22:00:33 CDT 2000

From: Jules Anderson [mailto:jules.anderson at zivo.co.nz]
> Actually, from that article I was more interested in some of his
> comments about OO development and Perl (negative, for those who
> haven't read it).

My take on Larry's OO comments was that he remains unconvinced
about OO in general - not a problem with the Perl implementation
in particular.

Like you, I have had some really positive experience with writing
Perl code in an OO way recently.  I've got a largish aplication
that needs to be customisable - OO inheritance and overloading
works like magic.  My previous experience was that OO mapped nicely
to GUI style programming problems and not much else.

Have you any OO-Perl experience you'd like to share with the group?

Regards

Grant McLean       | email: grantm at web.co.nz | Lvl 8, 86 Lambton Quay
The Web Limited    | WWW:   www.web.co.nz    | PO Box 15-175
Internet Solutions | Tel:   (04) 495 8250    | Wellington
Awesome service    | Fax:   (04) 495 8259    | New Zealand