Wellington Perl Mongers Meeting in 3 Weeks

Stephen Judd stephen at cyberelves.co.nz
Sun Jun 11 22:10:23 CDT 2000

> I'd be interested in others comments about Perl and OO, espcially
> in light of Rosler's comments about complexity and performance.

Well,  writing some templating code for mod_perl/CGI purposes, it became
astonishingly easy to write new constructors, and boffo, suddenly all my
templates could live in the database, come from the filesystem, whatever.

The fact that I had just been writing a fair lump of Java probably helped it
seem easy though - I was already in the right frame of mind.

Stephen