[Vienna-pm] Internet!

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Tue Sep 6 05:27:18 PDT 2016

Dear knowledgeable hive mind...

So, we're building a house. (At least, that's the plan).

So the question is Internet provision...

This time we're not at the end of umpteen junction boxes up in the 18th
(where only A1 could actually reach), and we are in a position to install a
dish to get TV, so I think that really we're only interested in Internet
(no TV or phone).

So what would reasonable choice be, out in the wilds of Schwechat?

(Part of me reacts to A1 with the same enthusiasm as BT in the UK. But their
*Internet* has seemed to be generally OK.)

And what is future-proof, to avoid digging up the drive in a few years time
because the service/lock-in of the first choice became unbearable?

Nicholas Clark

PS Day 1 Videos up!
   http://blogs.perl.org/users/lee_j/2016/09/alpine-perl-workshop-videos-day-1.html