[Vienna-pm] Fwd: Re: YAPC::NA 2012 / Livestreams ..

Christoph Jokubonis christoph.jokubonis at univie.ac.at
Thu Jun 14 03:14:04 PDT 2012

Hi,

seems that the "On Demand" streams can be viewed/dumped in a similar way:

* parse the peid param
* prepend "http://video.ics.uwex.edu/Video/ICS/"
* append  ".wmv"

E.g.:

1. get the peid param:
  * Lowell Dining Room
http://ics.webcast.uwex.edu/mediasite/Catalog/pages/catalog.aspx?catalogId=1de9c319-010c-4585-8617-210873935dfa
  * Lowell Wednesday 6/13/12 AM, Part 2 / Type "On Demand"
http://ics.webcast.uwex.edu/mediasite/Viewer/?peid=1dde05aea2624c69a12db461afb00a6b1d

2. parse that:
insert some dashes into the parameter
  * one after the 8th character,
  * another after the next 4 characters,
  * another after the next 4 characters,
  * another after the next 4 characters,
  * delete the last 2 characters.

1dde05ae-a262-4c69-a12d-b461afb00a6b

3. prepend, append, watch/dump:
"http://video.ics.uwex.edu/Video/ICS/1dde05ae-a262-4c69-a12d-b461afb00a6b.wmv"

regards, Christoph

Christoph Jokubonis                  christoph.jokubonis at univie.ac.at
Vienna University Computer Center    Phone: +43-1-4277-141 84
http://www.univie.ac.at/ZID/         Fax:   +43-1-4277-143 38