Next meeting

Fri Feb 28 14:49:47 CST 2003

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, nkuipers wrote:

> >Basically I will have a look at those BioPerl modules, but any changes for
> >improvement will be done at the meeting as a group effort.
>
> Hrmmmm I think we have a miscommunication here, I wasn't proposing hacking up
> a BioPerl module, I was proposing using my own BIO modules as source material
> for illustrating how to build CPAN-standard code, hacking them up as we see
> fit in the process...Of course, we can grab actual BioPerl code too. :)

That's perfectly fine.  I misunderstood what you were saying at the last
meeting.  In fact, there should be a lot more lasting benefits for hacking
your Bio modules than the bioperl ones, since you can use the new
versions, but we would never commit any changes to bioperl back to the
source.  So, I will need *your* modules provided on whatever laptop is
being brought to the march meeting.  It would also help if you emailed me
up-to-date versions so I can peruse them in advance. -- Darren Duncan