putting POD files on CPAN

Mon Feb 10 11:47:22 CST 2003

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Peter Scott wrote:
> Might need to ask the CPAN folks about that.  Documentation.pod doesn't
> sound very standard practice to me.  Perhaps it needs to be in lib/
> instead of the root.  Or a pod/ directory, following the Perl core
> pattern.  If you're going to make a separate .pod file wouldn't
> Rosetta.pod be a better name?

Thanks for the reply.  I also sent a modified version of the email to
modules at perl.org and the feedback page on search.cpan.org.  While it seems
less common (hence my difficulty in finding examples), I had the
impression that lots of people had standalone POD files in their
distributions, for times when they had documentation that was not specific
to a single module.  I was trying to do the same, but since I hadn't done
it before, this upload was sort of an experiment.  I expect it would be
possible and I just have to tweak something, but I needed to know what due
to the difficulty in re-finding examples.  If I do have to re-upload, I'll
take your suggestion and rename the file to Rosetta.pod or something like
that.  Have a good day. -- Darren Duncan