putting POD files on CPAN

Peter Scott peter at PSDT.com
Mon Feb 10 11:25:42 CST 2003

At 09:19 AM 2/10/03 -0800, Darren Duncan wrote:
>Hello.  I have a quick question, and thought someone here could provide a
>quick answer.  I will also ask this to several appropriate CPAN emails,
>but they may take longer.
>
>Specifically, I uploaded Rosetta-0.03 yesterday.  The most significant
>change from 0.02 was splitting the documentation off into a separate file,
>"Documentation.pod"; this file is currently in the distribution root
>folder (note that I put Rosetta.pm in lib/ and Rosetta.t in t/).
>
>Unfortunately, the CPAN search site at
>"http://search.cpan.org/dist/Rosetta/" did not convert the file to HTML
>and list it at the above url.  I have to go to the src/ directory to see
>it, and the file is unformatted there.  I would like the interpreted POD
>to appear in the main distribution details page like the POD extracted
>from Rosetta.pm does.
>
>What do I need to change in my distribution for this to happen?  (I would
>like to upload a fix to this ASAP.)

Might need to ask the CPAN folks about that.  Documentation.pod doesn't
sound very standard practice to me.  Perhaps it needs to be in lib/
instead of the root.  Or a pod/ directory, following the Perl core
pattern.  If you're going to make a separate .pod file wouldn't
Rosetta.pod be a better name?

--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies