[Van-pm] January van.pm meeting

Luke Closs lukec at ActiveState.com
Wed Jan 18 13:27:47 PST 2006

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 09:21:01PM +0000, mock wrote:
> > Catalyst is already passe.  Jifty is what all the cool kids are using
> > now (it's true - I asked them).
> >
> > Having said that, I still think any Catalyst talk would be
> > interesting... :)
> >
> > Also, I've been talking with GSAR about his talk.  He's not sure what
> > he should present on that will be interesting.  Does anyone have ideas
> > or requests?
> >
> > Luke
> >

> Dammit, now I have to completely start from scratch again, just for the
> coolness points ;).
>
> On further review, HTML::Mason is teh sukc, and so by extension must Jifty,
> despite its cool kid credentials.  Of course that may just be my irrational
> hatred of Mason caused by The Evils of Putting Code in Content (caps intended
> since this should be the name of a book).

Yeah, my preference is for TT over HTML::Mason.  I wish Jifty used it.

> Just for my own curiousity, how much familiarity with Catalyst do people have
> who plan to attend?  I had originally planned a slide that said something like
> "This is Catalyst, and it is good." but I can make that two or even three
> slides if there is much bafflement all around.  They may even say different
> things, if there is a perceived real need for explanation of Catalyst's
> goodness.

I've created some prototypes using Catalyst, but nothing through to
completion.

I'm also interested in effectively unit testing catalyst apps (TDD?)
so I hope you can cover that in your presentation.

Luke

--
Luke Closs
PureMessage Developer