[Van-pm] January van.pm meeting

mock mock at obscurity.org
Wed Jan 18 13:21:01 PST 2006

> Catalyst is already passe.  Jifty is what all the cool kids are using
> now (it's true - I asked them).
>
> Having said that, I still think any Catalyst talk would be
> interesting... :)
>
> Also, I've been talking with GSAR about his talk.  He's not sure what
> he should present on that will be interesting.  Does anyone have ideas
> or requests?
>
> Luke

Dammit, now I have to completely start from scratch again, just for the
coolness points ;).

On further review, HTML::Mason is teh sukc, and so by extension must Jifty,
despite its cool kid credentials.  Of course that may just be my irrational
hatred of Mason caused by The Evils of Putting Code in Content (caps intended
since this should be the name of a book).

Just for my own curiousity, how much familiarity with Catalyst do people have
who plan to attend?  I had originally planned a slide that said something like
"This is Catalyst, and it is good." but I can make that two or even three
slides if there is much bafflement all around.  They may even say different
things, if there is a perceived real need for explanation of Catalyst's
goodness.

will