[tpm] [Fwd: Re: Vim turns 30 today!]

Tom Legrady legrady at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 08:19:37 PDT 2021

Open emacs, load the file which automatically starts perl mode, find the
right place, press tab to autoindent, type your code.

In college I would compile, print out a long list of errors, and go one
by one in vi to fix them. Then I discovered that emacs allowed you to
invoke the compiler in another window, and provided commands to go to
the next error. Of course, I don't compile any more, but I never looked
back.

Tom

--
Tom Legrady

my pronouns : he, him

Tom at TomLegrady.com
legrady at gmail.com

416-948-0497

#49 - 26 Poplar Drive
Cambridge, Ontario, N3C 4A3
Traditional territory of the Anishinaabe, Hodinohsho:ni, and Attawandaron