[tpm] February meeting

Alex Beamish talexb at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 09:50:39 PST 2021

Hi Sergio,

Sure, we can discuss this on Thursday as well. I have part of a
presentation on UTF-8 done, and when I run out of material, we can move on
to The Convergence. I have some thoughts, but I'll keep them to myself till
Thursday.

Cheers,

Alex

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 10:15 PM Sergio Sousa <sergio at serso.com> wrote:

> On a segue from having a "free-form" last meeting... and not ignoring the
> gitlab reference, I'd love to hear about that, too. But, a bit off topic as
> this may be, please bear with me:
>
> I'm having some work challenges myself that I'd like to hear opinions form
> you guys. Somehow, being a Perl programmer and somewhat knowledgeable of
> Node.js, my manager thinks I am ideal for this new "Node.js integration
> with Perl" project (they are calling this "The Convergence" project). Our
> code is Perl 5. I just can't see the connection, especially when he didn't
> answer any of my questions about building an API, REST, webservices...
> Would anyone here think this is worthy of some free discussion and
> exchange, in line with what happened last meeting, that was "free-form" ?
> ;-)
>
> Cheers! :-)
>
> =Sergio de Sousa
> sergio at serso.com
>

> On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 8:27 PM James E Keenan <jkeenan at pobox.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2/3/21 8:13 PM, Alex Beamish wrote:
>> > Hi All,
>> >

>> > Fulko, if you have some pearls of wisdom to deliver about git or
>> gitlab,
>> > we're all ears. :)
>> >

>> Yes, I'd be interested in learning about gitlab.
>>
>> To my surprise I've been using git for more than 10 years now.  I've
>> heard of gitlab but don't know how it is similar to/different from github.
>>
>> jimk

Alex Beamish

Software Developer / https://ca.linkedin.com/in/alex-beamish-5111ba3
Speaker Wrangler / Toronto Perlmongers / http://to.pm.org/
Chair, Sponsorship Committee, TPF / https://www.perlfoundation.org/
Baritone, Operations Manager / Toronto Northern Lights, 2013 Champions /
www.northernlightschorus.com