[tpm] TPCiC CFP / April meeting

Olaf Alders olaf.alders at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 09:03:24 PDT 2021

> On Apr 12, 2021, at 3:32 PM, Alex Beamish <talexb at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> Two things this afternoon,
>
> 1. I'm circulating the official Call For Papers for TPCiC this June: https://perlconference.us/speakers <https://perlconference.us/speakers>
>
> 2. I don't currently have a speaker for April .. so if you are willing to do a talk, please let me know.

I could speak for a bit on fzf https://github.com/junegunn/fzf <https://github.com/junegunn/fzf> and also about how the fzf vim integration works if anyone is interested. You can do fun stuff with it aside from just choosing files. You can, for example, add custom tab completion to arbitrary command line utilities, make shortcuts to commonly used things and add a fuzzy chooser and multi-select. It also integrates nicely with bat: https://github.com/sharkdp/bat <https://github.com/sharkdp/bat> I can also touch on using ripgrep as a “git grep” replacement and maybe a bit about “fd” as a “find” replacement.

Olaf