[tpm] Meeting this Thursday: No topic yet

Alex Beamish talexb at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 07:44:35 PDT 2020

Hi All,

We have our monthly virtual meeting this Thursday, and I don't have a
speaker or a topic, so suggestions are welcome.

The topic I had in mind was work code standards, which is probably a topic
where there are at least n+1 opinions among n people. I'll start with some
favourite sub-topics:
1. First, do no harm.
2. Document.
3. Consistency.
4. Tests (where possible).

Finally, since streamyard has been a bit of an issue, I'm going to try
hosting our meeting this month using jitsi.org .. I'll see about getting
that set up via the TPF this week. At this point I don't know if it will be
possible to record the meeting to Youtube, but I'll be in touch.

Alex

--
Alex Beamish

Software Developer / https://ca.linkedin.com/in/alex-beamish-5111ba3
Speaker Wrangler / Toronto Perlmongers / http://to.pm.org/
Chair, Sponsorship Committee, TPF / https://www.perlfoundation.org/
Baritone, Operations Manager / Toronto Northern Lights, 2013 Champions /
www.northernlightschorus.com