[tpm] August meeting update

Alex Beamish talexb at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 17:59:00 PDT 2019

Hi All,

I've updated the meetup.com event page for this month's meeting (this
Thursday, August 29) with the following:

Two presentations this month: 1. Alex Beamish will talk about the
background of 'use base' and 'use parent', along with proposed changes to
this part of the langauge; and 2. Stuart Watt will present his feedback to
the RFC “Promoting Trust and Confidence in Ontario’s Data Economy” which
will even include some Perl.

For those new to the group, Stuart's been a regular TPM attendee in the
past, and his presentation is in response to this tweet:

  https://twitter.com/biancawylie/status/1161254302394003456

September is when we have our Lightning talks, so that will be the plan for
our September 26th meeting. Start thinking about your topic now -- pick
some small topic and do up a 3-4 slide presentation (more if you talk
fast). Consider this practice for the rest of the year.

You haven't done a presentation in a while? Excellent! This is great
exercise -- it burns calories, and makes the lovely beverage in the pub
taste even better than you were expecting.

Alex

--
Alex Beamish

Software Developer / https://ca.linkedin.com/in/alex-beamish-5111ba3
Speaker Wrangler / Toronto Perlmongers / http://to.pm.org/
Baritone, Operations Manager / Toronto Northern Lights, 2013 Champions /
www.northernlightschorus.com