[tpm] This month: LWP hack night

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Sun Mar 12 13:29:33 PDT 2017

On 03/12/2017 04:01 PM, arocker at Vex.Net wrote:

>> to LWP::UserAgent, WWW::Mechanize, URI, etc.  I now have co-maint on all
>> of these modules,
>
> I've just had a look at the 3 you mentioned. 2 have tickets in
> rt.cpan.org, while the other appears to have only github items. If that's
> not important, I can wait for an explanation. :-)*
>
> It strikes me that the first necessary step with such overwhelming lists
> is a spot of triage, possibly along axes of importance and ease of
> implementation? Maybe even also a third dimension of age? E.g. I can't see
> a lot of point investigating a failure on Windows XP. If a ticket is very
> old, does it mean it really needs to be fixed, or nobody's cared for so
> long that it can be ignored, (and preferably, deleted)?

What I've done in this situation is to make a post in the rt.cpan.org
queue or in the github.com issue/pull request to the effect of "Do we
still maintain this module for this outdated operating system?  If not,
then is this ticket closable?"

That at least focuses the maintainer's attention and serves as a
starting point for further discussion.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan