[tpm] [Fwd: Recommendations for CPAN selections]

arocker at Vex.Net arocker at Vex.Net
Fri Aug 25 06:54:04 PDT 2017

A friend sent me the following message. I haven't used XML much, so my
experience is limited. Has anyone recent experience on the subject?

we have a number of perl programs in our group, and add them on
occasion. This time around we're wondering about parsing xml from a data
store and generating csv files. The xml is just rows (well, it says it
is) but the parsers in CPAN seem to be very specific to the problem
their authors were addressing, and in some case they're just junk.

What's your advice on finding the /good stuff/?