[tpm] Meeting venue and CoC

Olaf Alders olaf.alders at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 07:53:16 PDT 2015

> On Sep 15, 2015, at 10:40 AM, Dave Doyle <dave.s.doyle at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello PerlMongers,
>
> I may be able to obtain hosting from Mozilla for September and October.  We will have to move the September meeting to the Tuesday (Sept 29) and adopt a Code of Coduct for Mozilla to provide us the space.  I've taken the YAPC::NA Code of Conduct and adapted it to our purposes.
>
> If you have a problem with this, now is the time, otherwise, I'm going to put this on Meetup.com and link to it today.

We had a similar situation with the QA Hackathon this year.  We had a sponsor with a standing policy of only sponsoring conferences with a published Code of Conduct.  So, we added a CoC to the conference and nothing else changed, meaning that people continued to behave as they've done in the past anyway.  That made it easy for the sponsor to get on board.  Everybody wins.

I think the policy Dave has posted basically sums up how we operate anyway, it just defines clearly what is acceptable and whom to contact if there's any kind of an issue.  So, it looks good to me and it's helpful that we'll have access to other venues if/when we need them.

Olaf