[tpm] salary negotiation resources

Olaf Alders olaf.alders at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 07:55:45 PDT 2014

Hi Everyone,

Great turnout last night and lots of valuable input from the people in the room.  It was also great to read Jim Keenan's feedback.  Matt also was able to listen in from NYC.  Cees was listening as well and I believe he may still be in Australia, so we've got global reach now. :)

I wanted to share a couple of links that were in my slides:

Read this article: http://www.kalzumeus.com/2012/01/23/salary-negotiation/
Watch this short video: http://privatelist.findyourdreamjob.com/how-the-pros-negotiate/

If you have a few minutes to devote to this, I think there are some really valuable tips in those two articles.

As far as the discussion goes about Hangouts, I'm not opposed to another solution if it's at least as good and at least as easy to use.  We could maybe even have a hybrid solution where the Hangout is shared via some other screen casting framework so that there are sane options for everyone.  Not too long ago we didn't do any kind of broadcasting, so this is already a big step for us, but obviously things could be improved.

Olaf