[tpm] I have dropped the ball - need help

Olaf Alders olaf.alders at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 11:07:12 PDT 2014

Hi Shlomi,

On Oct 28, 2014, at 4:00 AM, Shlomi Fish <shlomif at shlomifish.org> wrote:

Can I fully interact with all the necessary Google Hangouts mechanisms using
> 100% https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_and_open-source_software on my
> GNU/Linux system? Last time I checked when trying to use GHangouts using Google
> Chromium (= the open-source base of Google Chrome) , I was prompted to
> download several binary-only .rpm packages, which is unacceptable for me due to:
>
> *
> http://www.shlomifish.org/philosophy/computers/open-source/trust-non-FOSS/
>
> *
> http://www.reddit.com/r/opensource/comments/261w6v/why_i_do_not_trust_nonfoss_and_why_you_shouldnt/
>
> Google has a very strange notion of "Don't do evil" recently.

I don't really know all the software requirements for Linux as we mostly host this on OS X machines.  We use Google Hangouts because they _mostly_ work and there's the advantage of being able to archive the talks on Youtube.

Best,

Olaf