[tpm] Get organised or don't bother

Mike Stok mike at stok.ca
Fri May 31 06:25:09 PDT 2013

On 2013-05-31, at 9:13 AM, arocker at Vex.Net wrote:

> Fulko, Stuart, and I had a pleasant discussion last night, but there seems
> very little point in my arranging a meeting room for 3 people.
>
> User groups definitely benefit from the network effect, (the more
> participants, the more use they are), but it works both ways.
>
> Somebody, (preferably more than one person, to prevent burnout), has to
> put together a plan for future meetings, and ensure that there's an
> audience. If this doesn't happen, soon, I might as well not bother with
> future arrangements.

There are only 9 months per year to get structured content for, if we work on the assumption that we can get Damian Conway lured up some time in the summer, and we have Lightning Talks on September, and a social in December.

I'm quite happy to do a talk per year, they are likely not to be directly related to Perl as I am currently not using Perl for anything. They might be software or practise based.

One thing Abram Hindle mentioned was to have a couple of canned presentations (maybe on a couple of perl modules) ready to fill in for cancellations.

I for one appreciate the time and effort Alan puts in to getting us a place month after month, year after year.

Mike

--

Mike Stok <mike at stok.ca>
http://www.stok.ca/~mike/