[tpm] Help with Apache configuration

Chris Jones cj at enersave.ca
Mon Apr 22 12:59:12 PDT 2013

At 02:32 PM 22/04/2013, Indy Singh wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Are you using Windows or Linux?
>
>If Windows, and if you want to start with a
>working configuration and compare it with your
>non-working configuration you can install IndigoAMPP from here:
><http://www.indigostar.com/indigoampp.php>http://www.indigostar.com/indigoampp.php
>
>This installation contains Apache, Perl, PHP and
>MySQL. It’s a little out of date, but should be fine for your needs.
>
>Also note that on Windows your Perl scripts must
>start with a line that points to the Perl installation, e.g:
>#!C:\perl\bin\perl
>or just:
>#!perl
>
>Indy Singh
>IndigoSTAR Software -- www.indigostar.com

Thanks Indy
My issue is I have Apache installed in the C:
drive and my application on the D: drive.  I was
hoping not to have to copy all the files (about 1
Gig) to the C: drive.  I thought I could use the
<Directory command to acheive this:

<Directory "d:/screeningtool.ca">
     Options -Indexes FollowSymLinks
     AllowOverride None
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
</Directory>

<Directory d:/screeningtool.ca/cgi-bin >
         Options ExecCGI
         SetHandler cgi-script
         AddHandler cgi-script .pl .cgi
</Directory>

The first one works - I can get the index.html
page to come up the following page, a cgi script
does not execute for some reason.   I tested the
Apache installation and a sample cgi script in
the C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Apache2.2\cgi-bin directory does run.

Perhaps it would be best to copy everything to C.

I am also wondering if it would be better NOT to
install Apache in the default Program Files
location due to Windows permissions?

Thanks all for your suggestions!

Christopher Jones, P.Eng.
Suite 1801, 1 Yonge Street