[tpm] Regex question

Liam R E Quin liam at holoweb.net
Fri Oct 19 23:51:37 PDT 2012

On Sat, 2012-10-20 at 01:46 -0400, Olaf Alders wrote:

> In the long run the experience with regexes may be more useful day to
> day, but I think unpack is actually quite well suited to this problem.

No disagreement there. But given the problem domain, I'd recommend
spending time learning regular expressions, because the chances are high
that (1) once the fields are extracted, there will be substitutions, and
(2) it's the sort of case where one suddenly discovers that the problem
definition doesn't cover all cases, e.g, sometimes one of the numbers
has too many digits and overruns.

Best,

Liam