[tpm] avoid scraper contract

Dominic Thoreau dominic at thoreau-online.net
Fri Mar 9 08:50:41 PST 2012

< resent, actually to the list this time >
*un-lurks*
And here I was thinking that complaining about work counted as a benefit.
See http://somethingpositive.net/sp02212012.shtml

*re-lurks*

Dominic

On 9 March 2012 15:38, G. Matthew Rice <matt at starnix.com> wrote:
> as a lark, I guessed:
>
>    http://ratemyemployer.com
>
> It exists :)
>
> --matt
>
> On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Alex Mackinnon <alexmac131 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Warning to all
>>
>> I recently had a contract to work with amazon cloud, perl, mysql  and
>> scraping websites for contextually aware adverts.
>>
>> Avoid :
>>

>> why :
>>
>> 1) payments are not regular on contract and collection is often an issue
>>

>> Should you need more detail or get called for such a job, contact me, I will
>> give you the full info in private.
>>
>> Alex
>>
>> As a side comment: We should have a black list of employers with issues, not
>> a union sort of thing but
>> shared information on employers  and companies with issues.  The
>> employers do so with people we should too.

> --
> G. Matthew Rice <mrice at lpi.org>                         gpg id: EF9AAD20

Nonnullus unus commodo reddo is mihi.
ABC*D1EFGHIJK2.LMNO3*4PQRST*ITUBE-STANDARD-ANTI-BULLSHEIT-EMAIL*U.56X