[tpm] Threadbare

arocker at Vex.Net arocker at Vex.Net
Sat Dec 11 11:29:54 PST 2010

In order not to embarrass myself (or Perl) at the GTALUG meeting on
Tuesday, I'm researching the agenda. and I need help with this item:

* How does your language handle scalability issues?
  * Applications that require many concurrent threads of execution?
    * How does the language interact with threading?
    * Does it offer other models for managing concurrent processing?

I've never had to deal with multiple concurrent processes, and frankly
take a dim view of applications trying to do the OS's job for it. Has
anybody any experience in this area that I can quote?