[tpm] The Start of Lightning Season -2010

Scott Elcomb psema4 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 11:19:05 PDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Fulko Hew <fulko.hew at gmail.com> wrote:
> That time is upon us again to beware of 'lightning season'
> in Toronto!  Peak lightning viewing time will be during the
> September 30th Perl Monger's meeting.
>
> If you have any ideas for short (5, 10, or 15 minute) presentations,
> email them (the titles) to me, since I again will be hosting this
> year's annual Lightning Talk session, and let me know how large
> a time-slot you expect to need.
>
> I'll jump start the submission process once again by volunteering
> my own talk entitled:    'Render on Caesar'.

I have two 10 minute items I can do if there's room and interest.

#1 - Perl & Android - Getting GUI

Recently the Android Scripting Environment (ASE) was renamed Scripting
Layer 4 Android.  The second release (SL4A r1) was just posted a
couple days ago which address several issues from my talk a couple
months back - including packaging scripts for distribution on the
Android Market and creating GUI's with a WebView.

#2 - Pirate Party of Canada - One year on

Last year I described a bit about the Pirate Party of Canada and we
had some short discussion on IP & Privacy matters.  There's been a lot
of activity in the last year and I'd be happy to talk a bit about what
we've been up to.

--
  Scott Elcomb
  http://www.psema4.com/   @psema4