[tpm] Harbinger presentation

Abram Hindle abram.hindle at softwareprocess.us
Fri Mar 27 07:54:51 PDT 2009

I've put up an updated version at:
http://churchturing.org/x/Harbinger/
git clone http://churchturing.org/x/Harbinger.git/

Antonio Sun wrote:
> [Ops, sorry Abram, should have sent to the group instead.]
>
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 11:45 PM, Abram Hindle <
> abram.hindle at softwareprocess.us> wrote:
>
>> Final slides for the kw.pm presentation . . .
>>

> Thanks, and for the amazing presentation itself too.
>
> I remember that before the presentation begun, you ran a small batch script
> to test all the sounds/effects, is the script also available? What's the
> name? How did you invoke it?

Get these files:

http://churchturing.org/x/Harbinger/wavbased.orc
http://churchturing.org/x/Harbinger/wavbased.sco
http://churchturing.org/x/Harbinger/samples/1shot_gong.wav
http://churchturing.org/x/Harbinger/samples/Piano001.wav
http://churchturing.org/x/Harbinger/samples/snare1.wav

then run:
csound -dm6 -o devaudio wavbased.orc wavbased.sco

To read commands from standard in, you give it a score which says "run
for X minutes" and you tell csound on the commandline "-L stdin" then
you can pipe score commands to it.

> I am interest in CSound and its Perl interface, and am thinking that such
> small test script can be a great starting point for me.

There are probably CPAN modules by now, but I just use templates and
stuff to generate CSound scores and instruments.

Examples are here:
http://skruntskrunt.abez.ca/make_drum_machine_orc-20030106.tgz

> thanks
>
> Antonio