[tpm] [Fwd: Technical questions]

arocker at vex.net arocker at vex.net
Mon Feb 9 13:45:10 PST 2009

I've been asked these questions, and I'm looking for some more qualified
opinions:

1. What open source or low cost proprietary tools would you suggest for
developing interaction (including updates) between a web front end and
Oracle 10 (not sure which sub-version) ?  Should they be moving to a more
recent version of Oracle ?

2. In OO design, how do you model the common scenario where two sets of
data with different fields are brought together, producing a third dataset
whose fields comprise most of the source dataset fields, plus derived
attributes ?  Is the object the final output ?  If so, how do you
represent the input datasets and attributes ?