[tpm] Novator Systems - Perl Developer Opportunity - Ecommerce

Andrea Russell arussell at novator.com
Wed Mar 12 09:51:57 PDT 2008

Hello,

Perl Mongers was recommended to me by one of our employees as a great
place to hire excellent Perl Developers. Our company, Novator Systems is
looking to hire one Intermediate to Senior level Perl Developer. This
position for full time work on site at our downtown Toronto office.

Ive attached the job description for you and pasted below. Please apply
with your resume at careers at novator.com.

Best regards,

Andrea

Andrea Russell
Office Administrator
Novator Systems Ltd
364 Richmond Street West, Suite 300
Toronto, ON
Email: arussell at novator.com
Site: www.novator.com

*Web Developer - eCommerce*

*Work with the best minds in the business. *

Online retail is all about creating a good customer experience. At
Novator, we like to practice what we preach. We want our employees to
have a great experience too. It's important to us to attract the best
people. It's how we stay ahead of the competition - and get to work with
the best clients in the industry.

We offer a flexible, relaxed work environment, challenging projects with
brand-name clients and a few nice little perks to show our appreciation
for our employees' part in our success (free on-site massage comes to
mind).

At Novator, you'll work hard. You'll hang out with smart people. You'll
definitely learn a lot. And you'll have a great time doing it.

*Department:* Commerce Services
*Reports To:* Team Lead
*Type of position: **Web Developer **– *full time

*Education:* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer
Engineering, or equivalent.

*Experience: *

    * Minimum three years experience in Perl (preferred), Java,
      JavaScript; database concepts; Object Oriented analysis and design
    * Comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of Web programming
      applications
    * Proven experience with Linux or a Unix variant
    * Extremely detailed-oriented with strong time-management skills
    * Able to work on several projects simultaneously
    * Able to work effectively as a member of a team
    * Very Smart

*_Key Responsibilities_*_ _

_ _

*Feature Specification and Design *

    * Understand the overall design of Novator's software tools
    * Able to read a feature specification and understand how to
      implement it
    * Able to read a software requirement and produce a technical
      specification

  Planning, Estimating and Tracking

    * Provide reliable time estimates
    * Provide timely feedback and tracking information
    * Immediately raises red flag when aware of potential schedule slips
    * Accurately track time per task

  Code Implementation

    * Code to company quality and programming standards
    * Immediately raises red flag when aware of potential quality issues
    * Build testability into code
    * Make proper use of source code control, tickets, and other project
      tools
    * Work is complete according to provided software requirements or
      specification
    * Code is documented

*Communication and Teamwork** *

    * Seek guidance or advice from senior team members
    * Interact with other functional team members
    * Demonstrate respect for all fellow employees

Qualified candidates may forward their resume on-line by clicking on the
apply button, or by emailing us at careers at novator.com
<mailto:careers at novator.com>

We would like to thank all candidates for applying, however only those
selected for an interview will be contacted.

/No agencies please//
//No phone calls please/ programmer

**