[tpm] Help on creating PERL APIs

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Thu Jun 5 18:11:01 PDT 2008

Le Mercredi, 4 Juin 2008 19:46:57 -0700 (PDT),
Nishat Ahmad <nishi2k at yahoo.com> a écrit :

> I am looking for help in creating Perl APIs.
>
> I have a tool written in Perl and want to communicate with other
> systems (not in Perl) using APIs. Could you point me to some good
> tutorials which will guide me how to create Perl APIs quickly. Any
> help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Nishat.

As far as I'm concerned, this is pretty vague.  _You_ will be doing the
API, or so it seems, so you have the choice.  If you choose SysV IPC
then there are a couple of Perl modules such as IPC::SysV.  On the
other hand, you might prefer UNIX sockets or even TCP to communicate
between processes.

Or did you meant that the IPC API is already defined ?

Cheers,

Al