[tpm] TPM talk suggestions

James.Q.L shijialeee at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 27 03:12:44 PDT 2008

--- Mike Ashton <Mashton at 4All.com> wrote:

> We're actually in the middle of an ajax project. Like Adam said, the
> server side is pretty much standard cgi, you just basicaly have to
> decide on the data transport method you want to use.
>
> We looked at a lot of  ajax libraries like scriptaculous and a few
> others. But we settled on ExtJS ( extjs.com ), it is a very impressive
> package. The site has a lot of tutorials and demos to help you step
> through the build process. There are none done with perl, but a few do
> with php and ruby so it is easy to extend that into the perl world. They
> also have a very active forum for support or they also do have paid
> support if you really need it or want assistance in a rapid build.

at work we have used ExtJS and it is excellent js library. the library is rather huge if to use
the full features. our ajax app is for internal use so that's no biggie but i would be hesitate to
use it for a public website because of the huge js download overhead. the basic library without
the fancy features is around 100k though.

> Mike

James.